Parenting is challenging with biological kids, but adoption and fostering have their own unique challenges. Many kids come to new homes with a background of trauma. In order to parent effectively we need to understand the effects of the child’s background on their current functioning. In addition, we need to understand how our own childhood home has shaped how we parent. This workshop gives an in-depth look at the parenting, propensities and challenges of each Love Style and how each one might grow towards a Secure Connector.
This six-hour workshop explores parenting through Love Styles with an emphasis on adoption, fostering and trauma.
Your purchase includes:
- Four video sessions (approx 1 ½ hour each)
- Syllabus (PDF)
- Three important skills for a parent.
- Stress and the parent.
- Stress and a traumatized child.
- The Love Styles and Parenting (The Avoider, Pleaser, Vacillator, Controller and Victim as to parenting tendencies, challenges and growth goals.
- Understanding Triggers: When our own past is controlling how we parent.
- Identifying a child’s love style and helping them move toward a secure connector.
You must create an account at check out to view and store the streaming videos.
There are no reviews yet.