Are you ready to start your own online “How We Love” study group? This group is designed around the 9-session How We Love streaming video.
How does it work?
For The Leader of an Online Group: Here is what you need to know…
- Milan and Kay do all the teaching! Your job is to keep the group moving by following the detailed instructions in the leaders guide. It’s helpful if group leaders read the book and watch the Streaming Video before leading other couples or individuals through the curriculum.
Note: You must create an account at check out to view and store your streaming video.
The Leader will need a Online Study Group Leadership Kit that includes the following: .
We respectfully as you not to duplicate these copyrighted materials. Thank you.
- The How We Love Workshop Streaming Video (all 9 sessions)
- A How We Love Group Leader’s Guide with detailed instructions and discussion questions.
- A How We Love Group Participant’s Guide so you can view what group members will have as they go through the group.
- A How We Love Workshop Syllabus which will be used as you watch the How We Love Streaming video. Milan and Kay refer to this syllabus as they teach through the material.
- These are copyrighted materials and we respectfully ask you not to duplicate them. The streaming video link will be available immediately upon purchase. The Paper files will be available to download after purchase.
Group Member Kits include the following:
- How We Love Workshop Streaming Video. All Group members must create an account at check out to view and store their streaming video. (The link is available after the Group Member Kit is purchased).
- Two PDF files:
- A How We Love Online Group Participant Guide
- A How We Love Workshop Syllabus to follow along with the video as Milan and Kay teach through the material.
- All paper files will be available for download by the group member after the Group Member Kit is purchased.
- We respectfully ask you not to duplicate these copyrighted materials. Thank you.
Before Your Group Begins:
- Email your Group Members: Include dates, times and instruction for ordering materials. Each video is about 35 minutes long. Allow at least 60 to 90 minutes for online discussion. For online time, ask your participants to create a setting that is free from disturbances as much as possible. Ringing phones, barking dogs, and crying kids don’t promote an atmosphere of safety and protection to those trying to open up especially online.
- Each participant in the online study will have the How We Love Streaming Video. We find it’s easiest to have group members view their video before meeting for group discussion. The online forum (zoom or other) is up to the leader. Let group members know how to access the link to whatever online forum you select. Email detailed instructions especially to older group members.
- Go over the questions before you ask them in group. Be prepared to give an answer from your own experience to encourage participation if there is a huge, long lull in conversation. Some silence is good. Let members sit and reflect.
- Group leaders don’t have to have a perfect marriage to lead other couples. Most important is a willingness to demonstrate the desire to grow and a willingness to be vulnerable about successes, failures and difficulties in ones’ own journey as a couple or individual. If leaders can demonstrate vulnerability and transparency it will set the tone for the rest of the group to follow. If you are leading with your spouse, make sure you have discussed what levels of transparency are comfortable for you as a couple.
Here is what leaders and members will learn:
- Learn how your early life experiences create an imprint of intimacy – or love style – a blueprint that shapes your behavior, beliefs and expectations in all your relationships, especially marriage.
- Discover your love style and the root of your marriage problems.
- Identify and change the core pattern in your marriage that blocks intimacy and satisfying emotional connection.
- Learn about the comfort circle and how to use it to facilitate deep conversations.
- Watch Milan and Kay work with a couple as they each listen to each other beginning with the question, “What bugs you most about me?” See how extended listening takes this couple to an entirely new level of understanding, compassion, and connection.
- Watch Milan & Kay demonstrate a holding time for couples to model. This alone can take your relationship to a whole new level.
There are 9 sessions that can be streamed & viewed online:
- Session 1: Three Skills for Great Relationships
- Session 2: Early Development: It’s Effects on Current Relationships
- Session 3: Love Styles: The Avoider and the Pleaser
- Session 4: Love Styles: The Vacillator & Review of Avoider, Pleaser, Vacillator
- Session 5: Love Style of the Controller and Victim and Core Patterns
- Session 6: Understanding Triggers and Growth Goals for Each Love Style
- Session 7: The Comfort Circle Part 1: Anna Listens to Mark
- Session 8: The Comfort Circle Part 2: Mark Listens to Anna
- Session 9: Holding Time and Questions