Are you ready to start your own in person “How We Love” study group? This group is designed around the 9-session, How We Love 6 hour workshop. Groups can now view a streaming video. You must create an account at check out to view and store your streaming video (For Group Leaders Only).
How does it work?
For a Group Leader: Here’s what you need to know…
- Milan and Kay do all the teaching! Your job is to keep the group moving by following the detailed instructions in the leaders guide. It’s helpful if group leaders read the book and watch the Streaming Video before leading other couples or individuals through the curriculum.
- The Leader will need a Study Group Leadership Kit which includes the following: We respectfully ask you not to duplicate these copyrighted materials. Thank you.
- The How We Love Workshop 6 hour streaming video. (Link available upon purchase of Leader’ kit). Don’t forget to create an account to access your link.
- A How We Love Group Leader’s Guide with detailed instructions for each session.
- A How We Love Group Participant’s Guide so you can view what group members will have as they go through the group.
- A How We Love Workshop Syllabus which will be used as you watch the How We Love Streaming video. Milan and Kay refer to this syllabus as they teach through the material.
- These are copyrighted materials and we respectfully ask you not to duplicate them. The Streaming video link will be available immediately upon purchase. The Paper booklets for the study will available as a PDF digital download after purchase.
- As a Leader you are responsible for inviting participants. Remember group discussion is important so arrange your groups at tables for 8 or 10 people in a large setting or limit you group to 5 or 6 couples (or less) in a home setting. Each couple (or individual, or single) will need to purchase their own How We Love Group Member kit.
- A Group Member Kit includes the following:
- A How We Love Group Participant Guide
- A How We Love Workshop Syllabus to follow along with the video as Milan and Kay teach through the material.
- The Group Member Kit is available as a download after purchase.
- We respectfully ask you not to duplicate these copyrighted materials. Thank you.
- Email your Group Members: Include dates, times and instruction for ordering materials.
- Each video is about 35 minutes long. Allow at least 90 minutes for viewing the video and group discussion. Ask the host to create a setting that is free from disturbances as much as possible. Ringing phones, barking dogs, and crying kids don’t promote an atmosphere of safety and protection to those trying to open up.
- Go over the questions before you ask them in group. Be prepared to give an answer from your own experience to encourage participation if there is a huge, long lull in conversation. Some silence is good. Let members sit and reflect.
- Group leaders don’t have to have a perfect marriage to lead other couples; Most important is a willingness to demonstrate the desire to grow and a willingness to be vulnerable about successes, failures and difficulties in ones’ own journey. If leaders can demonstrate vulnerability and transparency that will set the tone for the rest of the group to follow. If you are leading with your spouse, make sure you have discussed what levels of transparency are comfortable for you as a couple.
Here is what leaders and members will learn:
- Learn how your early life experiences create an imprint of intimacy – or love style – a blueprint that shapes your behavior, beliefs and expectations in all your relationships, especially marriage.
- Discover your love style and the root of your marriage problems.
- Identify and change the core pattern in your marriage that blocks intimacy and satisfying emotional connection.
- Learn about the comfort circle and how to use it to facilitate deep conversations.
- Watch Milan and Kay work with a couple as they each listen to each other beginning with the question, “What bugs you most about me?” See how extended listening takes this couple to an entirely new level of understanding, compassion, and connection.
- Watch Milan & Kay demonstrate a holding time for couples to model. This alone can take your relationship to a whole new level.
There are 9 sessions that can be streamed and viewed online:
- Session 1: Three Skills for Great Relationships
- Session 2: Early Development: It’s Effects on Current Relationships
- Session 3: Love Styles: The Avoider and the Pleaser
- Session 4: Love Styles: The Vacillator & Review of Avoider, Pleaser, Vacillator
- Session 5: Love Style of the Controller and Victim and Core Patterns
- Session 6: Understanding Triggers and Growth Goals for Each Love Style
- Session 7: The Comfort Circle Part 1: Anna Listens to Mark
- Session 8: The Comfort Circle Part 2: Mark Listens to Anna
- Session 9: Holding Time and Questions