“I long for relationships and connection, but people always let me down. Sometimes I wonder if its even worth it anymore.”
Growing up with an unpredictable parent, Vacillators’ needs aren’t top priority. Without consistent parental affection, they develop feelings of abandonment. By the time the parent feels like giving again, their child is tired of waiting and too angry to receive. As adults, Vacillators are on a quest to find the consistent love they never received as children. They idealize new relationships, but then get tired of it once life (and the relationship) gets less than perfect.
Ask yourself the following: If these statements resonate with you, you might be a Vacillator. Take the quiz to find out.
- I feel like no one has really understood what I need.
- I experience internal conflict and a high level of emotional stress in relationships.
- At times, I find myself picking a fight and I’m not sure why.
- I’ve always been especially sensitive and perceptive and can tell when others are pulling away from me.
- Others have said they feel like they’re walking on eggshells around me.