Are you ready to start your own online “How We Love” study group? This group is designed around the 9-session How We Love streaming video.
What do you need to lead a study group? Here’s what you need to know…
- Milan and Kay do all the teaching! Your job is to keep the group moving by following the detailed instructions in the leaders guide. It’s helpful if group leaders read the book and watch the DVD before leading other couples through the curriculum.
- Group leaders don’t have to have a perfect marriage to lead other couples. Most important is a willingness to demonstrate the desire to grow and a willingness to be vulnerable about successes, failures and difficulties in ones’ own journey as a couple or individual. If leaders can demonstrate vulnerability and transparency that will set the tone for the rest of the group to follow. If you are leading with your spouse, make sure you have discussed what levels of transparency are comfortable for you as a couple.
- Provide a setting that is free from disturbances as far as possible. Ringing phones, barking dogs, and crying kids don’t promote an atmosphere of safety and protection to those trying to open up.
- Go over the questions before you ask them in group. Be prepared to give an answer from your own experience to encourage participation if there is a huge, long lull in conversation. Some silence is good. Let members sit and reflect.
- You are responsible for inviting participants. There is no hard limit on the number of participants you can have in your group, but each couple (or individual, if single) will need to purchase their own participant kit (which participants can purchase here).