What is “healthiness”? Is it possible to be a non-believer and be “healthy”? Could it be possible to be a Christian and be socially, relationally and emotionally “unhealthy”? The answer to both of these questions is “Yes”! What then does it mean to be “healthy” anyway?
Questions to Ponder:
- What is “important” to me right now? Is it really important?
- What legacy am I leaving behind?
- Looking back, how would I have liked to live my life differently?
- Why am I here?
- What are my priorities?
- How am I managing the “balancing act” that we call life?
- How high is my stress level?
- Am I happy? Are others around me happy?
We can learn better manage stress, control priorities, live life to the fullest and fulfill our divine destiny by imitating the model of the “healthy” Jesus. There is much to learn from The Lord’s human life as we study lifestyle and relationship principles from the Gospel according to Mark
Principles we shall learn from The “healthy” Jesus:
- I need to know my purpose!
- I need to know God Well!
- I need to handle my anger!
- I need to invest into my family and others!
- I need to exhibit appropriate parent / sibling separation and independence!
- I need to be sensitive to small needs and nuances of relationship!
- I need to make close, honest and transparent friendships!
- I need to be a servant and be self sacrificing yet also take care to meet my own needs and desires!
- I need to worship Him and Him alone!
Next Week’s lesson from the Healthy Jesus… “I need to know my purpose.”
Copyright © 2009 Milan and Kay Yerkovich